CAD / CAM
The 2 year postgraduate program stresses on the fundamental concepts of CAD / CAM in mechanical engineering and stands as a cornerstone in the field of engineering. This field that emerged some years ago is a promising field of engineering, research and development. The department aims to provide solid foundation for understanding the changing roles of mechanical in the society and encourage students to apply their knowledge in solving a variety of problems through laboratory and project work. The program enables students to develop greater interdisciplinary expertise, which will better equip them for jobs demanding these skills in the workplace.
The department is equipped with CAD / CAM lab which are designed with structured cabling in tune with the cyber age revolution to support the teaching activities. The center provides 24 hours internet connectivity through broadband at 2Mbps offered by Reliance Network.
- Motivate the entire faculty to adopt the latest techniques in teaching and learning process.
- Encourage the I & II year students to undergo Industrial Visit and In-Plant Training.
- Encourage the I, II year students to present papers in students paper Presentation contests.
- Encourage Teaching and Technical Staff to pursue the higher education.
- Motivate and encourage each faculty to present / author a technical paper / book in a year.
- Plan for 100% placement and Higher education.
To create high quality professionals, to keep pace with the advances in mechanical engineering and to develop a sense of self discipline, social responsibility and co-operative work attitude.
To provide a dynamic learning environment that emphasizes life-long learning, problem solving skills, team work, leadership skills and communications to achieve our vision.
Program Educational Objectives
- Graduates will be capable of identifying, formulating, and solving computing problems by applying their knowledge of mathematics, computing and Engineering.
- Graduates of the program will be aware of the benefits of developing their understanding and professional capabilities through lifelong learning.
- To create employable and entrepreneurial engineers with academic excellence, positive attitude, communication & interpersonal skills, good character, self confidence and leadership qualities and who are useful to the Family, Society and Nation.
|Sl.No||Graduate Attributes||Program Outcomes|
|1||ENGINEERING KNOWLEDGE||PO 1 : Ability to apply knowledge of Mathematics, Science and Engineering fundamentals in the solution of Engineering problems|
|2||COMPUTER APPLICATIONS IN DESIGN||PO 2 : To impart knowledge on computer graphics which are used routinely in diverse areas as
science, engineering, medicine, etc.
|3||FINITE ELEMENT APPLICATIONS IN MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING||PO 3 : The aim is to provide the students with knowledge of the finite element method that will be of use
in different manufacturing areas and to provide a foundation for further study.
|4||DESIGN FOR MANUFACTURE, ASSEMBLY AND||PO 4 : To know the concept of design for manufacturing, assembly and environment.
To know the computer application in design for manufacturing and assembly.
|5||ADDITIVE MANUFACTURING||PO 5 : To educate students with fundamental and advanced knowledge in the field of Additive
manufacturing technology and the associated Aerospace, Architecture, Art, Medical and
|6||APPLIED MATERIALS ENGINEERING||PO 6 : This course provides knowledge in the areas of Industrial metallurgy, advanced materials and
selection of materials for industrial applications.
|7||ADVANCED MECHANICS OF MATERIALS||PO 7 : To know the fundamentals of mechanics of materials under various loading conditions.|
|8||DESIGN OF MATERIAL HANDLING EQUIPMENTS||PO 8 : To impart students on the need, use, application and design of different material handling
techniques, equipments and machines used in common use and in industrial sector
|9||COMPUTATIONAL FLUID DYNAMICS||PO 9 : To develop finite difference and finite volume discretized forms of the CFD equations.
To formulate explicit & implicit algorithms for solving the Euler Eqns & Navier Stokes Eqns.
|10||DESIGN FOR CELLULAR MANUFACTURING SYSTEM||PO 10 : To impart knowledge on group technology, optimization algorithms, implementation of GT/CMS,
Performance measurements and economical aspects of CMS.
|S.No||Name of the Lab||Description of the Lab|
|1.||CAD/CAE LAB||1.To impart knowledge on how to prepare drawings for various mechanical components using
any commercially available 3D modeling software's
2. To impart knowledge on the use of Finite Element Analysis software to solve various field problems in mechanical engineering to optimize and verify the design of machine elements.
|2.||CAM LAB||Simulation and Machining using CNC / DNC Machine Tools – Use of FEM Packages - Relational
Data Base – Networking – Practice on Computer Aided Measuring Instruments - Image
Processing – Software Development for Manufacturing – CNC Controllers – Use of advanced
CNC Machining Packages – Business Data Processing.
- Aeronautical Engineering
- Aerospace Engineering
- Bio-Medical Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electronics & Communication Engineering
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Robotics and Automation
- B.Tech Chemical Engineering
- B.Tech Food Technology
- B.Tech Information Technology
- B.Tech Pharmaceutical Technology
- B.Tech Artificial Intelligence & Data Science
- B.E Agriculture Engineering
- M.E., CAD / CAM
- M.E., Computer Science & Engineering
- M.E., Communication Systems
- M.E., Power Electronics & Drives
- Anti-Ragging Committee
- Library Advisory Committee
- Research and Development Committee
- Grievance Redressal Cell
- Internal Quality Assurance Cell
- Women Cell