Currently working as DEAN –ACADEMICS, since December 2016 at Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College, Perambalur, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
J. Premalatha, M.C.A.,M.Phil., M.Tech., (Ph.D.,)
15+ years of experience in Teaching and Administration (in the field of Engineering and Technology) and 1 year of experience in IT industry.
- Pursuing Ph.D., in Sathyabama University in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering and having been provisionally confirmed.
- Master of Technology (M.Tech.,) Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Deemed University, Selaiyur, Chennai.
- Master of Computer Applications(MCA), University of Madras, Madras Christian College, Tambaram, Chennai.
- Master of Philosophy (Computer Science), Bharathidasan University, Trichy.
- Bachelor of Science (Physics), University of Madras, Madras Christian College, Tambaram, Chennai.
- June 2015 – November 2016: Director – Learning & Development, BIZ Impact Cloud Solutions Ltd, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- August 2006 – May 2015: Head of the Department (Master of Computer Applications) – Jeppiaar Maamallan Institute of Technology, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- August 2004 – July 2006 : Senior Lecturer (Department of Computer Science & Engineering) – Dr.M.G.R University, Maduravayol, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- July 2003 – July 2004: Lecturer (Department of Computer Science & Engineering) - Bharath Institute of Higher Education and Research, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
- May 2001 – June 2003: Lecturer (Department of Computer Applications) – Madras Christian College, Chennai, Tamilnadu.
Published “Networking Programming” book, Anna University Chennai for MCA - 4th Semester, Authority certificate by THAKUR PUBLISHERS.
Attended few workshops and organized one international Conference and two national conferences.
- Guided Project for M.C.A students (around 50 candidates )
- M.Phil Guideship from Bharathidasan University and guided nearly 10 candidates.
- Held key responsible for Department Budgets and resource allocation effectively and made department self sustainable.
- Ensured that all activities are carried out to the highest possible standards and put in place the necessary evaluation and monitoring procedures to ensure both compliance and improvement: such procedures will include teaching, research and management of all resources.
- Key stakeholder in implementing ISO Standards and preparing the department for accreditation processes.
- Developed and implemented appropriate structures for improving University results, enhancing Teaching Learning processes and make students to excel in academia.
- Ensured the best possible student experience through the fulfillment of the Institutional responsibilities concerning students from their joining, progressing and till the successful completion of the course.
- Ensured that staff performance is managed appropriately and in a way that is consistent with the expectations of the Institution, and that fair workload allocation processes are in place.
- Ensured all staff have access to the necessary support and enabled them to contribute fully and develop their skills along with nurturing their experience.
- Designed in-house materials and resources for employee development and education.
- Developed a blended approach which integrates different learning modes, such as coaching, classroom instruction, online learning and action learning.
- Responsible for the programmatic leadership of the departments and for the hiring, and placement of faculty, by understanding the budget involved.
- Conduct regular meetings with student representatives, faculties of all departments and Head of Departments towards continuous improvement of quality deliverables to students and to device appropriate system in developing and inculcating quality education.
- Responsible for ISO Auditing, University Accreditation processes, NBA processes etc which leads to the overall quality development Initiative of the Institution.
Dhanalakshmi Srinivasan Engineering College
Tamil Nadu, India.
Phone No : +91 4328-220333, 220444
Fax No: 04328-220075